Last updated: Sunday 8th March, 2020
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
DEFINITION OF OUR TERMINOLOGY AS USED WITHIN THIS DOCUMENT
- Connectable is the trading name of Connectable SW (sole trader status).
- A ‘Project’ is any work undertaken or service provided by Connectable for the Client on their request and as described in our confirmation via emailed proposal to that Client.
- A ‘Client’ is a person, persons, business or organisation using any of the services provided by Connectable.
- ‘Live Mode’ means the date the website is available on the Client’s chosen domain.
- ‘Domain’ is the website address as specified by the Client.
- ‘Open Source Software’ is software made freely available to anyone under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- ‘Hosting’ is a monthly or annual cost to keep a client’s website activated online.
- ‘Content’ is both text and images that the Client requires on the website.
- ‘MB’ stands for megabytes and is a measure of storage space.
- ‘Plan phase’ is the initial period where the client requirement and information gathering is taking place. This generally lasts seven days from the date of deposit. The Plan phase consists of four elements: discovery, research, website sitemap, content review & development.
- ‘Design and Develop phases’ is when the project is actively being worked on by experienced designers and developers. Key elements of the website are built in the Design phase such as the website header, footer, navigation and widgets. The Develop phase consists of all the coding elements which make the website work.
- ‘Launch phase’ is the final stage when the project has been deployed to the public. Free 30 day support is given from the date of deployment.
- ‘Basic maintenance’ refers to the continued support surrounding the website. This typically includes plugin updates to ensure the website continues to run in the same way it did at the point of launch. Basic maintenance is not the same as Advanced maintenance, whereby Connectable will provide a greater level website updates to ultimately amend the style or content within the website. See Advanced maintenance packages for more information.
CONNECTABLE TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The contract between Connectable and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
- The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the Connectable proposal form, via email. This form must be signed before work can begin.
- Email will be the method of contact with regard to all communication. Although Connectable can be contacted by telephone, we will use email as our method of communication and therefore it is the Client’s responsibility to inform us of any change in email format for our records. Connectable cannot be held liable in any way relating to communication issues if we are not supplied with a valid email address. Connectable will acknowledge all emails within three working days.
- Connectable will only commence work on a Project after receipt of a non-refundable deposit of the quoted Project fee from the Client (the deposit is typically 50% of the total cost of proposed works, unless agreed otherwise). Payment Terms may differ from project to project and these should be made clear to the Client in the Proposal document. The project will be switched to Live Mode once the remaining balance is paid in full. Change requests may be applied only where there is prior request and approval.
- The deposit paid to Connectable covers the cost of design work carried out as well as any admin work and communication with Connectable. The deposit is non-refundable.
- Connectable shall expect the Client to carry out sufficient research before proceeding with a website. This will include checking that the website/idea/business will operate legally. It is essential that the website is not in any way illegal.
- It is important for the Client to keep in contact with Connectable throughout the entire Project. If a Client does not make contact for two weeks we will make up to five attempts to contact the client by email using the email address specified when the client went ahead. If we do not receive a response to these attempts of contact the Project may be terminated, and the deposit will not be refunded.
- Where images used on the website have been purchased by Connectable on behalf of the Client, these images are strictly for use on the website only. Connectable is not liable for misuse of these images by the Client or any other person’s copying, altering or distributing the images to individuals or other organisations.
- Connectable will host the website if the Client requires us to do so and on receipt of full payment of our Hosting fees. In doing so, Connectable will endeavour to provide a reliable and professional service to the Client at all times but do not guarantee that the website Hosting will be available at all times, especially in the event of a technical failure beyond our control.
- Connectable cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by Connectable.
- Where asked to provide search engine optimisation for a Client, Connectable does not guarantee any specific placement or high ranking on search engines.
- Connectable will provide the Client with an expected completion date for the Project (live on the internet) if requested. Connectable will endeavour to meet any given deadline, but do not guarantee and are not bound in any way to complete the Project by this date. The expected completion date provided by any employee of Connectable is purely an estimate
- It is the Client’s responsibility to check with Connectable whether Open Source Software is being used or not.
- The Client shall not be charged for Open Source Software. If there is a charge for a website using Open Source Software, the Client is paying for the installation time. Open Source Software is not owned by Connectable or the Client.
- Connectable own all design and code of the website until final payment has been received in full. Once final payment is received, the Client will then own the design and code of the website, unless Open Source Software is used. Images will have been purchased by Connectable for the Client, unless the images have been supplied by the Client. Images purchased by Connectable are licensed only for use on the client website. Costs for procurement will be paid by the client.
- All images displayed on the Client’s website will only be used after authorisation by the Client, and are the sole responsibility of the Client regarding usage and copyright. Should any legal issues or claims arise from the content or copyright of any images supplied by the Client or Connectable, they will be the sole responsibility of the Client.
- Domain names may be registered by Connectable and also registered to the Connectable current address. Although the domain names are registered to Connectable, the Client is the legal owner of the domain and if they request to have details changed or the domain transferred elsewhere, Connectable will do this within a reasonable timeframe.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to renew their domain names when due. If a domain name expires, Connectable cannot be held liable for this. However, Connectable will make reasonable effort to contact the Client regarding domain renewal.
- Connectable shall be entitled to place an unobtrusive credit with a hypertext link (i.e. “Website by Connectable”) in the footer of the web site.
- All hosting offered by Connectable is limited to 2mb of website space unless otherwise stated in a separate contract. If your site requires more than 2mb of space we will advise of other hosting solutions and then cease hosting the site.
- When a Client renews annual Hosting with Connectable, this also includes domain renewal if the renewal is needed to keep the site functioning and was purchased as part of the Hosting package. If the Client does not renew the Hosting, their domain name could be made available to the public for purchase and Connectable cannot be held liable for this.
- Renewal of Hosting is due on a monthly or annual basis (depending on our agreement as per the project). The date of renewal will be monthly or annually from the date the website goes into Live Mode. The Hosting will not be renewed if Connectable cannot either contact the Client, receive the direct debit for Hosting, or the Client requests for Connectable to not host this site. This could also affect the annual domain renewal.
- The Hosting renewal charge must be received within 10 days of the Hosting expiry date. Connectable reserve the right to deactivate any website where the Hosting has expired and the Client has not paid the renewal charge. There will be an admin fee set by Connectable for reactivating the website/Hosting.
- If the Client does not use Connectable Hosting services, then the management and Hosting of the Domain name are the full responsibility of the Client.
- Should a Client wish to move Hosting away from Connectable or transfer a Domain name away from Connectable, an admin charge of up to £50 will be issued, which must be paid before the transfer takes place.
- Connectable has no control of, or responsibility for, the content of Clients’ websites. In no way does the textual or image based Content of our Client’s websites constitute Connectable’s endorsement, or approval of the website or the material contained within the website. Connectable has not verified any of the materials, images or information contained within our Client’s web sites and is not responsible for the content or performance of these sites or for the Client’s transactions with them. Connectable provides links or references to our Client’s websites solely for the convenience of prospective customers and intends that the links it provides be current and accurate, but does not guarantee or warrant that such links will point to the intended Client site at all times.
- Connectable is not liable for loss, damage or corruption to files or information stored on its servers or individual PCs relating to a Client’s website. The Client is solely responsible for any information or files relating to its website.
- If a Domain name is purchased by the Client through a company other than Connectable, the Client has full responsibility in making sure that the domain name is renewed when due. Connectable will not renew the domain name when annual Hosting renewal is due if the domain name is purchased through a company other than Connectable.
- Connectable makes no claims that the contents of this website may be lawfully viewed or downloaded outside England and Wales. Access to this website may not be legal by certain persons or in certain countries. If this website is accessed from outside of the United Kingdom, it is done at own risk and the visitor is responsible for compliance with the relevant laws of the visitor’s jurisdiction. The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.